It's been a turbulent week here at St Jude's, with lots going on at the school that could seriously change the direction that the charity takes. I am intrigued to see what tomorrow brings, which means I am reluctant to write anything here for now. A full update will follow.
However, for the sake of maintaining my Sunday night blog posts, I'll simply share a glimpse of this week's happenings and give you my masterpiece from today: the Snake Cake.
In honour of the Year of the Snake, I hosted a Chinese New Year dinner with the other volunteers (a long standing tradition of my good friend Shirls, and a night back home I'll miss greatly this year). With snakes-a-plenty all over in this delightful country, I decided to bring a more desirable snake into the house on the banana leaf (i.e.a sugar coated one), rather than let any of the sliterers in the garden come inside.
Lots of food, wine and snake-related activities ensued.
The African style celebrations may be limited but were none the less celebratory in every way.
Happy Chinese New Year to you all.
More to follow...
However, for the sake of maintaining my Sunday night blog posts, I'll simply share a glimpse of this week's happenings and give you my masterpiece from today: the Snake Cake.
In honour of the Year of the Snake, I hosted a Chinese New Year dinner with the other volunteers (a long standing tradition of my good friend Shirls, and a night back home I'll miss greatly this year). With snakes-a-plenty all over in this delightful country, I decided to bring a more desirable snake into the house on the banana leaf (i.e.a sugar coated one), rather than let any of the sliterers in the garden come inside.
Lots of food, wine and snake-related activities ensued.
The African style celebrations may be limited but were none the less celebratory in every way.
Happy Chinese New Year to you all.
More to follow...
No comments:
Post a Comment